Sep 25, 2017

Sharing Happy News: Cybils POETRY Judge, 2017

This is quick, excited note to celebrate my news:  

Today I as named as a ROUND ONE panelist for the POETRY category for the 

2017 CYBILS AWARDS! 



I've thoroughly enjoyed participating as a panelist in fiction picture books and nonfiction picture books in the last two years. I was hoping to take part again this year in a category near and dear to my heart. 

That means nominations will be opening soon. Start now to make a list of your favorite 2017 releases in each category and be ready for the announcement. Here are the guides for nominations, and a link to website to follow announcements (HERE). Nominating

We wouldn’t be a real award if we didn’t have a whole bunch of complicated rules in tortured lawyerese. So maybe we’re not a real award, because there aren’t any lawyers and only four rules:
  1. You (and you can be anybody, even you) may nominate any book published in the contest year in English. This includes bilingual books;
  2. The book must be published in the US or Canada. It’s just more aggravation and expense than we can stand to wheedle free copies from foreign publishers;
  3. Only one book nomination per category. Get your friends and co-workers in on the act if you can’t make up your mind;
  4. Nominations open Oct. 1 and close Oct. 15.

I'll be back with a regular post soon, and details about the nomination process. 
Meanwhile, I'm resuming my happy dance! My lists are already made!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture books are as versatile and diverse as the readers who enjoy them. Join me to explore the wacky, wonderful, challenging and changing world of picture books.